BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ADVISOR
Impact Dakota is seeking a Business Development Advisor. The Business Development Advisor is responsible for marketing and selling Impact Dakota’s service offerings to manufacturing businesses throughout North Dakota. They will also assist in the development and delivery of high value services to client companies.
- Create and act upon a sales plan to meet, visit, and develop relationships with North Dakota manufacturers to assess their opportunities for improvement, development, and growth.
- Prospect for potential new clients and work with existing clients to develop and convert leads into service delivery projects, while forging strong lasting relationships.
- Drive sustainable financial growth for the organization through a successful sales effort.
- Conduct company assessments to identify client needs.
- Work with clients, Impact Dakota staff, and service providers to scope, develop, and sell proposals for improvements in client operations.
- Conduct technical assistance and planning projects for clients. Examples may include; helping clients design and implement operational improvements that address significant issues or opportunities with quantifiable benefits and impacts, and facilitation of strategic planning.
- Assist clients with quantifying benefits and impacts resulting from Impact Dakota services and encourage them to complete the NIST MEP survey.
- Keep up on current industry trends and identify potential new service offerings through research, attending industry functions, and listening for/observing current client needs.
- Work with other Impact Dakota staff to develop and update client service offerings.
- Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning sessions and other organization meetings and events as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, finance, human resources, marketing, management, or an appropriate business related field is required.
Requirements: A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in a consultative-sales, technical-sales, or a relationship management role; a prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability and proven sales experience; PC proficiency; ability to travel overnight throughout North Dakota; strong presentation skills; excellent communication skills – both verbal and writing. The ability to meet established goals is necessary.
Desired: Significant work experience in sales of programs and services within manufacturing industry sectors is highly desired. General Knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes, robotics/automation, digital manufacturing, lean concepts and continuous improvement methods is preferred.
Excellent Benefit Package
Salary Range: $77,000 - $91,000
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 24, 2021