12, March 2019
Export Documentation Training with Mike Allocca - May 9 in Fargo
How many times have you just filled out a document not knowing what all the required fields meant, perhaps copying from a prior document for expediency? Have you ever been told that your shipment is stuck in customs because of lack of information or a document that is missing or not filled out correctly? How many times has your company been charged for unnecessary "documentation" fees or held up on a shipment because the documents had to be corrected? If you just want to make sure you are filling things out correctly or you have questions, problems or delays due to documentation problems, this training program is a must for you. Join us for an export documentation seminar in Fargo presented by Mike Allocca, one of the top national experts on export compliance and documentation. Mike is returning to Fargo by popular demand after many previous successful seminars in Fargo.
This program will help you understand when and how you should be filling out certain international documents listed below. We will go through each document, step by step, and you will know where to go and what to look for in your own documents to be able to fill them out accurately. Many companies are exposing themselves unnecessarily to shipment delays, Customs audits and demurrage charges because there is incomplete or inaccurate documentation for the shipment. Why not learn what documents you should be filling out and how to do so accurately so you can keep your customers, distributors and company ahead of schedule?
This full day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEUs.
This event will cover the topics of:
- Understanding Commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, EEIs, Certificates of Origin, Dock Receipts.
- Knowing when they are required and going step by step on how to fill out each them.
- What other documents can be used to reduce delays, eliminate demurrage and shorten your product cycle.
- Understanding what a DCS statement is and why you should have it all on domestic and export commercial invoices.
- Wood Certificates, Legalization and pre-shipment inspection –what countries still require it.
- NAFTA Certificates of Origin’s – Common errors, when you should/ shouldn’t fill one out.
Who should attend?
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, financial officers, sales managers, customer service managers and anyone involved /concerned with international shipments.
Cost: $250 per person, if pre-registered by April 26th; $295 to register after that date. This cost includes all reference material, morning pastries and coffee, and lunch. Seating is limited, registration form and payment required to guarantee a seat. (Note: Paying by check means you can save a few dollars on the credit card fee)
Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 4351 17th Ave. S., Fargo, ND 58103
Click here to register for this national-level training.
Here's what locals have had to say about Mike Allocca's previous trainings in Fargo:
- "Mike answered questions in layman's terms so everyone can understand, more than any service out there."
- "The training was very fast yet thorough. I appreciate the great booklet that we used to follow along with Mike."
- "Mike is easy to listen to and follow along with technical concepts."
- "You covered everything I do in a day's work, but I learned that I'm doing things wrong."
- "Legalities are explained in human terms. This is very helpful."
- "Even though I have been to many seminars, I learned new things."
- "I like the hands on experience and down to earth examples."
- "I liked Mike's excellent structured way of delivering info."
- "Mike made things seem easier than I had previously through they were."
Your U.S. Commercial Service / North Dakota Office
Questions? Contact Us
US Government Export Portal - Helps US businesses participate in the global marketplace with information on trade events, tariffs and export counseling assistance.