15, May 2020
Preparing for Additional COVID-19 Challenges
As the rate of new COVID-19 infections is beginning to flatten in parts of the country, President Donald Trump and governors are beginning to plan for relaxation of stay-at-home orders and the reopening of business operations. Manufacturers and other business facilities will likely resume operations gradually, often with additional mandatory or voluntary safety measures in place.
- Monitoring employee health to determine who should stay home.
- Determining which parts of the workforce can remain working from home initially.
- Having clear visitor and vendor facility visitation and employee travel protocols.
- Continuing extra sanitation and social distancing for those returning to work.
- Training and communicating to employees about what is expected as they return to work.
The White House has published initial “Opening Up America Again” guidelines to help state and local officials plan for and implement reopening of businesses and public life. You can find our summary of that guidance here.