15, March 2018
American Inventions Made (AIM) Onshore Prize Competition
American scientists and engineers invent transformative energy technologies every day, but these innovators often do not have manufacturing expertise – or know where to find it. The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) American Inventions Made Onshore (AIM Onshore) prize competition is seeking creative, specific, and innovative proposals from intermediary organizations – accelerators, incubators, universities, and others – to deliver DOE’s Build4Scale manufacturing fundamentals training to energy technology innovators, and help them forge partnerships with domestic manufacturers. Successful proposals must include a sustainable revenue model to ensure the initiative is viable past the point of government funding.
Four organizations will be selected for AIM Onshore’s Initial Prize ($150,000 each). After one year, the two best-performing initial prize winners will receive the AIM Onshore Final Prize ($250,000 for first place; $100,000 for second place).
Please refer to the official prize rules for details. Prize Rules
Who benefits from AIM Onshore?
- Hardware innovators (scientists, engineers, inventors) will receive basic manufacturing training and form partnerships with domestic manufacturers for initial production.
- Small and medium-sized domestic manufacturers will be able to identify new business prospects—hardware innovators developing next-generation technologies with growth potential.
What kind of organizations should apply for the AIM Onshore competition?
- Incubators, accelerators, universities, community and technical colleges, manufacturing institutions, and other intermediary organizations that serve hardware technology innovators are encouraged to apply for the AIM Onshoreprize competition.
How do I apply?
- Register via this website by April 3, 2018
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a link to the submission portal
- Submit your completed application packet via the submission portal by April 10, 2018
- Ask us any questions by emailing email@example.com
What are the prize competition details?
- February 6, 2018: Initial application/registration period opens.
- April 3, 2018: Registration period closes.
- April 10, 2018: Initial application period closes.
- May 3, 2018: Winners of Initial Prize announced.