Meeting with a Legislator
Meeting in person with elected officials and/or legislative staff is the most effective means of political advocacy. During this two hour session you will learn how to schedule a meeting, plan the meeting, conduct and follow-up after the meeting with your Legislator.
Learning Objectives: for you to be able to answer these questions
- Determine how to schedule the meeting
- Learn the preparation that is required
- Master how to conduct the meeting
- Be able to effectively follow-up after the meeting
- Learn how to deal with Legislative Staff members
- Become fully aware of what Legislators want to know
- Know the “Do’s and Don’ts” of Meeting with a Legislator
Session Length: 2 Hours
For more information, contact Jodie Mjoen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-712-1646.